I just wanted to share some news. Today was my first day at my new job. Now, in addition to working in the Well Baby Nursery, I am an OB Educator. I will be working during the days (what a huge change for me) rounding on all the Mommies and Babies teaching infant care and breastfeeding. I am also going to start orientation to teach Birthing, Breastfeeding, and Sibling Classes. In the future, I plan on becoming Birthing Education Certified, Lactation Certified and Certified to teach CPR.
I am so excited! This is something I have always wanted to do. Did you know that I came close to quiting Nursing School to become and Education major? Now, I have the best of both worlds.
It is hard to put into words how Blessed I feel! God is great!! It is amazing how He has opened the doors to make this possible. For example, I was told that there wasn't any room in after-school care for Caleb (something I really needed if I was to take this job). The next day, I called to get his name on the waiting list, only to find out that in fact they did have room for him. I see God's Hand in this whole process, and I am so Blessed to know that this is something that He wants me to do. I pray that I am able to be a blessing to the Mommies that I work with.
June...where did you go?
10 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment