So 7 things about me.....
1. I was valedictorian of my high school class with a 5.1 GPA. I also walked across the stage to get my Associates Degree from community college the week before I got my high school diploma. Yes, I worked my tail off in high school! But, you know the sad part- I did not receive hardly any scholarships (don't get me started, that is a whole other soap box). It did not make any difference in my college education or my career. I think if I had to do it all over, I would have had more fun!!
2. I have my dream job! Yes, this includes being a mom, but I am actually talking about my paying job. I don't remember how old I was when I first saw "Steal Magnolias", but I remember thinking that I would love to take care of babies like Shelby. I feel so honored to be witness to the beginning of a family. I get to be there when parents meet their child for the first time- it is amazing! I love helping moms breastfeed- the look on their face when the baby finally latches is priceless.
3. I can't wait until the time when I can be a stay-at-home mom. I do love my job, but it is just that- a J O B. Being a mother is a gift from God. I hate when Caleb sees me in scrubs and says, "Mommy don't go to work now" or "Your going to work again!". I don't think that I would ever completely quit nursing, even when the children are young, but teaching a class once a week would be plenty.
4. I am an only child. The entire time I was growing up I begged my parents to give me a brother or sister, to no avail. And yes, I was spoiled rotten!
5. I would love to have a ton of children. Well, maybe a ton is an overstatement, but maybe 4 or 5. I know this will never happen, especially the way this pregnancy is stressing us out. I just pray this baby is healthy, and then, God willing maybe we will be able to have one more. I don't foresee anytime when I would EVER have my tubes tied- that is just too permanent.
6. I can't spell! I know that based on #1 I should be able to- but NO. I would not be able to live without my spell check. I am also lucky that nursing notes are primarily short hand. (In just these 4 sentences, I have 5 misspellings.)
7. This is based on the fact that I am pregnant- I am so, so, so TIRED! I have absolutely have no desire to cook, clean, or go to work. I am very appreciative to Mike who has been picking up my slack. I know how hard you are working, Thank you! Maybe now, I can get Caleb to curl up on the couch with me and take a nap!
I can't really tag anyone because my entire blog list has already been tagged. Thanks for thinking of me Jenny, this was fun.
June...where did you go?
10 years ago








1 comment:
a 5.1 gpa!!!!!!!! my gosh that is amazing! thanks for sharing, i enjoyed reading this!!! :)
Post a Comment