Monday, February 2, 2009

Kroger Shopping

Today, I made another tip to take part in the 10 Item Mega Event. I am proud of the money I saved. I know it seems like I spent a lot of money on snack food but these are things that I buy pretty much every week- so I couldn't pass up a chance to stockpile.


What I got:

12 Boxes of Granola Bars
6 Bags of Chex Mix
5 packages of Kraft Cheese
6 jars of Pace Salsa
2 OJs
Bananas (on mangers special)
-a few odds and ends that I ran out of

Total before sale and coupons: 127.65
Spent OOP: 52.54
Total saved: 75.11 or 59%

I know it looks like I didn't actually buy anything for meals but that is the great thing about stockpiling! My meat, household goods, health & beauty, and other grocery items were already in my stockpile so I didn't need anything else this week!

If you would like to save $$ like this, then don't forget to look on the right for the money saving blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i must be the only one that's not doing this!!! honestly, i guess i'm afraid i won't be organized enough or will spend money on things i don't need just b/c i have a coupon for it. maybe you and suzanne can put together a little "class" on how to do this. . . .for slow folk like me :O)

Beverly said...

I am still amazed every time I read one of your stockpiling stories! I really want to be like you! I just have to sit down and be determined to give it a good try, I guess. One of these days, I will check out the blogs and hopefully make it happen! In the meantime, thanks for being so inspiring!