Friday, June 5, 2009

Ten Terrific Months

Wow, what a month for our little Jonah! Last month when I did Jonah's nine month post, I knew I was pregnant but had no idea how quickly everything would change for our baby.

Eating: This is where Jonah's world was rocked! Up until last month, Jonah was exclusively breastfed except for food. He had never taken a full bottle of formula and hadn't had a bottle at all in months!! I thought I would be able to gradually wean Jonah, but once my body realized it was pregnant my milk completely dried up :( Our baby had an extremely hard time. He refused bottles up to the point that he was having very few wet diapers a day. Finally our pediatrician gave us the green light to try whole milk instead of formula. Now, he is taking 6-8 oz bottles of whole milk 3-4 times/day plus sippy cups of water with meals.

Jonah is still eating our food for almost every meal. He will still take some baby food but is quickly losing patients. A few of his new favorites are cheesy grits and grown up oatmeal.

Sleeping: Some good news on this front. Since he has weaned from the breast, we have actually gotten several full nights of sleep!! It is not happening on a regular basis yet, but something to look forward to.

Playing/Milestones: Jonah is having a lot of fun so far this summer. He has been loving being outside in his exersaucer watching his brother play. The big news is that we now have a mobile baby!! He started to "crawl" this week. He is not yet on his hands and knees but is making straight line, forward movement. Our childproofing will be comming to completion very soon!

Growth/Health: I forgot to post Jonah's offical 9 month stats last month. He was 21 pounds 5 oz (70%), 28 inches (45%), and his head was 46 cm (75%). This week at a sick visit (yes, for another ear infection) he was 22 pounds and 6 oz. We finally have an appointment to see an ENT on the 22nd!! Woo Hoo!! I will be so happy when we can finally get my baby some relief.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I enjoy reading your monthly updates because my baby is a month younger -- it's nice to know what may be coming soon! :o) Oh, and you asked if I go to CHBC. I don't. I met Ashley at MC.