Saturday, November 10, 2007

26 Years Ago....

Look at how sweet I was.

Tomorrow is my 26th Birthday. I am so excited, Mike and I are going to see Tobie Mac, Barlow Girl & Thousand Foot Krutch tomorrow night.

Can you believe that we are actually going to have a child free night!? As Mike can attest to, we never go out on "dates". I can seriously count the number of times we have gone out, in three and a half years, just the two of us, on one hand. I know, I know, we need to get away more often and I have been telling myself the same thing for three years but I have such a hard time with it. You would think the older Caleb gets the easier it would be, but now I feel so guilty about using after- school care and a babysitter that I am just torn. At least we have tomorrow to look forward to.

I think I view my birthday differently than most people. Anyone that has met me can agree that I have "an old spirit". I am hoping that is why so many people are surprised to find out how young I am! Now, as the years are passing, I feel that my age is finally starting to match my life. I am amazed when I think that some 26 year-olds are just now starting their careers and families. I know there are not too many people that can say that: they met their soul mate at 15, earned an AS degree at 18, got married and earned a BS degree at 21 & planned their first child to be born at 23 years old! I feel so blessed!

No comments: