Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Doctor Visit

I just got back from my Dr. visit and everything is great.

For some reason I was terrified today. I was so scared that we wouldn't be able to find a heartbeat. My doctor is so sweet and could see that I was anxious, so after he found the heartbeat with the Doppler (I questioned to make sure it wasn't my heartbeat- that is how scared I was) he sent me down for an ultrasound. It is amazing to see the change that 5 weeks can make in a growing baby. The baby now has arms and legs and the face is starting to take shape. The heart was strong and steady at 162 - very normal for this gestational age.

You can see the arms and legs (the legs are crossed "Indian Style")



My next appointment is Feb 19th and I am scheduled, on the same day, for the Anatomical Ultrasound- where they completely look the baby over to check for defects. I will almost be 16 weeks and the U/S tech said we should be able to find out the gender of the baby!!!

It is all starting to feel more and more real and I am allowing myself to get excited. Thanks to everyone that is continuing to pray for our baby. God is so good!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! I'm so glad that you got to hear the heartbeat today. what an amazing and completely miraculous sound!!

jenny winstead said...

i am so happy for you! i know you are so relieved!! keep us posted okay? :)

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

i am sorry the end of this week has brought you worries. we will be praying for you!!

Gator Mommy said...

Thanks again to everyone that has been thinking and praying for us! We are so blessed to have friends like you!