Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Wow, I can't believe it is 2008. The Thomas Family is praying for many blessings in 2008, specifically a new healthy baby to hold in our arms in August.

I know many family and friends are eager to hear how we (the baby and I) are doing. Our two lost angels this year have caused me to be cautiously and prayerfully optimistic. So far things are looking great. My doctor has been following me very closely and at 5w6D we were able to see a heartbeat via U/S. I will be 9 weeks tomorrow. I have been having all the normal symptoms of pregnancy. I am almost happy to have morning sickness because I know it is a good sign. Although, the sickness is not nearly as bad as with Caleb (I lost 8lbs. in 2 weeks).

Speaking of Caleb, he is very excited about the new baby. He has decided that it is going to be a boy and that his name will be Mac. I'm not sure how he will take the news if the baby is a girl.

I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. We know we are not "out of the woods" yet but are putting our trust in the Lord. I pray everyone has a blessed and happy New Year.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I am praying for you and the baby. I can't imagine the wait and worry-that is the one thing that I don't look forward to when it comes to getting pregnant again. BUT at least you (and I) have the knowledge and peace that IT IS IN GOD'S HANDS. He has knit together that little baby in your womb and He has a plan for it.

Sweet Caleb! I hope he gets that boy, even though he will be an awesome brother regardless ;)

I do think the name Mac is cute!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin-

i somehow missed out on the info that you're expecting. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope things continue to go really well and I will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah -- forgot to tell you that I'm adding a link to your blog on mine so i can keep up with yall a little better. hope that's okay!

jenny winstead said...

hey, i don't know how to let people know this other than this way. here is my new blog...

http://jennywinstead.blogspot.com/

you can add me if you want to your list. xoxo