Today, Jonah is 24 weeks old! I am sure it is the NICU nurse in me, but this is a big milestone. At 24 weeks, it is possible for a baby to live outside the womb. Believe me this is not an ideal situation by any means but with A LOT of help babies do survive. In my career, I have had the pleasure of witnessing some of these miracle babies.
The next milestone I am looking forward to is 30 weeks. At 30 weeks, the outcome for a pre-term infant is significantly better. I am also looking forward to 30 weeks because by that point with Caleb I had already been hospitalized for 4 days with pre-term labor, infection. bleeding, and low amniotic fluid. I spent the next 10 weeks on bedrest- no fun at all! I am determined that this will not happen again, but I am still worried.
It really blows my mind that I am this far along already. It seems like I have a lifetime to go but I know it will fly by. Thanks for listening to my crazy thoughts- I wonder if I am the only mommy that marks their pregnancy with these kind of milestones?? Being a nurse in this field can be a blessing and a curse.
June...where did you go?
10 years ago








1 comment:
haha. i DEFINITELY think you have reason to be worried seeing as how you had a difficult pregnancy with caleb. i never thought about any of that. my sister is a nurse in the PICU at umc, and i predict her to be JUST LIKE YOU! just trust in the Lord, He has brought baby Jonah this far! Have faith that everything will be ok. :) I'll be praying for yall. xox
Post a Comment