I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers this week! For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, let me fill you in.
Thursday morning at around 2am I woke up with pain in my belly. When Caleb got up we noticed that he was covered in head to toe hives (I knew it was probably strep- yet again). So while I headed to my doctor, Mike was on this way to the pediatrician with Caleb. When I got to the office the doctor sent me over to Woman's to make sure it was not my appendix. After having two ultrasounds and blood work done, we found out that Jonah is doing great and that I was not in labor. My appendix and gallbladder looked good but my blood work showed that I was severely dehydrated. I was kept overnight for IV hydration and to recheck my blood in the AM to make sure nothing was going on. Everything checked out and my doctor is guessing that I may of had a stomach virus.
I am doing great, I just feel like I have done a million sit-ups (and yes, drinking tons of water). Jonah is also doing great- kicking and dancing like crazy. Caleb is still dealing with the strep with a low-grade fever and hives. And poor Mike is happy to have a weekend at home.
Again, I want to thank everyone that jumped in to help and pray for us. After making one phone call to Lisa, within the hour, childcare for Caleb was lined up for the night! I cannot express how blessed we feel to have friends and a church family like this!
June...where did you go?
10 years ago








3 comments:
so glad yall are both getting better! i had no idea!
hey erin-
i've been visiting my brother in ohio and i just heard about your sickness. i'm so sorry, but glad you're okay!! i'll be praying for God to continue to watch over you and to heal your little man, too!
Hey Erin! I just ran across your blog! I was praying for you on Thurs. I was with Lisa when she was calling people for you. How blessed we are with our CH church family! Please let me know if I can ever help with Caleb - Samuel and Hudson would love it!
Post a Comment