My doctor has decided that it is time for me to stop working until 35 or 36 weeks. I was not shocked at all and had been expecting it for several weeks. Before we got pregnant, Mike and I had planned on the fact that I would probably be on bed rest at some point.
The good news is that I am not in labor and I am not dilated at all!! The reason he wants me to stop working is that while walking around at at the hospital I have more contractions, feel pressure and have a few other symptoms. I am very happy that we are taking steps to keep me from going into labor.
As long as I don't dilate or go into labor, I am not on typical bed rest. The way my doctor put it was that I am on house rest. I can still attend church and even make short tips to the grocery store. Believe me I am taking it easy! I am not doing any heavy housework or heavy lifting. Thanks to my wonderful, amazing husband that is doing all of the major cleaning around the house.
I am so grateful that I can still take care of Caleb. I am so Blessed that Caleb and I will have this summer together before Baby Jonah comes and turns his world upside down.
Thanks to everyone who checks in on us to see how we are doing. I will continue to have weekly doctor's appointments and will update everyone on any changes. Wednesday is an ultrasound visit so check back for new pictures of Jonah. Oh, and we should be done with the nursery on Tuesday so I will post pictures then also.
June...where did you go?
10 years ago








1 comment:
hey erin-
glad to hear that you'll have some time w/caleb at home before the baby comes. let's just pray that it remains uneventful as far as your pregnancy is concerned :0)
looking forward to your shower on saturday!
Post a Comment