This is my Grandma with me when I was 3 :)


Here she is with Jonah in October.
She is such an amazing grandmother (GG to Caleb and Jonah)! I have such wonderful childhood memories of her. I was lucky enough that she took care of me when I was young so I didn't have to go to daycare. We used to have so much fun when she watched me and my cousin Marcie. She would always have a project for us to do, she never let us sit around and watch TV all day (no "hot house flowers" with her). We would: baking all day, sew Barbie clothes, make potholders, or garden. It is because of her that I understand that it does not take spending money to give children lifelong wonderful memories.
She is such a smart lady. She taught me to: sew, crochet, cook, and bake (she tried several times to teach me to knit but that was never my cup of tea, ha ha). She also instilled in me a love for reading. She would read all the time! She could read a novel in one night. I loved talking with her about good books.
I always remember considering her as not only my grandmother but my friend! She lived with us for a long time and I loved going in her room and just talking for hours. I am so blessed that I had such a close relationship with my Grandmother.
You are never ready to say good-bye, but I will do my best to not mourn her but to celebrate her life. I love you Grandma!








4 comments:
erin~
i am so sorry! i had the same type of relationship with my mam-maw. i've told people forever that she was my best friend. she really was. and she, like your grandmother, kept me so that i didn't have to go to daycare.
my mam-maw died 2 months before tommy and i got married. i was the only grandchild out of 17 that she did not get to see get married. but it was o.k. she and i had talked about it and she said that she was ready to see Jesus. that was just a week before cancer claimed her life.
sorry to ramble! please please let me know if you need me!
and we'll be praying for ya'll as you travel!
suzanne
I know this is going to be a difficult trip :o( I'm so sorry. I'm glad you'll have the opportunity to have at least a little closure, though. Hold on to those precious memories!
What a sweet tribute to your grandma. I hope you show it to her when you're there.
(p.s. I really see a lot of Caleb in your toddler pictures!)
I am so, so sorry that you will have to say goodbye. I had the same relationship with my granny and it was SO hard to see her sufer with illness and then pass away. Thank goodness we have the comfort in knowing that this IS NOT a permanent goodbye! In a blink of an eye you will be with her again!
I know this time is painful and I will be praying for you and your family!
Post a Comment