Monday, March 9, 2009

Seven Sensational Months

I am late yet again this month posting Jonah's monthly update. Jonah has been a busy man this month.

On Saturday, Jonah started to say "Da Da". He is not yet making the connection between Mike and the word but it is still just the sweetest thing!

Eating: Jonah has finally started to consistently eat from a spoon! His favorites are fruit (of course) and sweet potatoes. He still is not liking cereals too much, I think mainly due to the consistency. He is loving puffs and Multi Grain Cheerios. I also started him on yogurt- that is quickly becoming a favorite. He still thinks that formula is poison and will completely avoid drinking from a bottle if he can. I started to give him sips of water from a cup during meals and he is enjoying that. I try and sit him down for two solid meals a day but obviously most of his nutrition still comes from breastfeeding. Oh, and he now has two bottom teeth.

Sleeping: Jonah is doing SO good with sleeping! He loves his crib and refuses to sleep anywhere else (except the car seat). He still has a least two naps a day. His afternoon nap is sometimes 2-3 hours!! Jonah goes down to bed between 7-7:30pm. He wakes to eat around 12 or 1am and again at around 5am.

Play: Jonah started to sit up all by himself this month!! He can't get himself into a sitting position but can sit up for 20+ minutes without support. Now, this is his favorite way to play. I put him down with a ton of toys and he is entertained for a long time. He still enjoys some time in his exersauser and laying down under his entertainer. Jonah loves to be out and about in the stroller.


Milestones achieved this month:
Sits up unsupported
Eating from a spoon
Pincer grasp and able to feed self cheerios
Says, "Da Da"
Has his two bottom teeth

1 comment:

Beverly said...

What a cute little "chunka-chunka!" (This is meant as a compliment since Daniel is one, too :-)