Eating: He is still eating three meals a day. Breakfast is usually a mashed banana with oatmeal and maybe some yogurt. Lunch and dinner are mostly what ever the family is eating. Yep, he is eating table food! As long as what we are eating is soft and not too spicy, he eats right along with us. For right now, he will still eat pureed fruits and veggies, but is starting to turn up his nose. His favorites this month are pizza, chicken, bananas and yogurt. He continues to nurse between meals and twice in the night. I am going to start the process of weaning him this month. I at least need him to be able to get some fluid that does not come from me. We are on our fourth or fifth sippy cup with no luck. Any tips would be appreciated.
Sleeping: No news here. He still is taking two naps a day, a short in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon. Bedtime is a breeze between 7-7:30. He is still waking two times :( This is one of the reasons I am starting the process of weaning, although I am very sad about it.
Playing/Milestones:
- Jonah's favorite toys this month are his Johnny Jumper and the Leap Frog Learning Table. Jonah is enjoying standing up to play- although he can't pull up yet.
- He is not crawling yet (Mommy is just fine with that), his form of locomotion is rolling. He rolls all over until he gets stuck on something and whines for help.
- He is still babbling like crazy and said "Momma" the other day. What a perfect Mother's Day gift!
- He is just about to break through his sixth tooth.
- I think the separation anxiety is getting worse, he just wants to be on my hip all day long. I am going to have some awesome muscles on my left side!!
And finally the pictures! I haven't taken pictures of Jonah's cloth diapers in awhile so here are some.
Showing off his new skills!








4 comments:
How adorable. What a sweet little bear he is!
Loved all the updates. Thanks!
One request: Can you make your font in pink or white so that I can read it more easily against the brown background??
those picture are just AdORaBle!!! he is so handsome!!
Sunday after my TreasureLand Leadership meeting, we weren't staying for night church. I went to pick up Reagan and Jonah Man got so upset! I'm not sure if he recognized me or didn't want Reagan to leave or if he just wanted you, but he was so sad! Tears pouring down those chubby cheeks and all! I almost took him home with me :) but alas--my boobies are dry!
He is precious!!
Layton refused the sippy cup until almost 14 months-we tried every brand and one day he grabbed his sisters and took a drink! I wish I could help you, but he was very stubborn as well.
Do you let him cry it out at night? I had to do it around nine months with both of mine because they wanted a bottle or to nurse in the middle of the night. It took two or three long nights of them crying off and on, but then they slept through the night COMPLETELY so it was worth it. Hard on mommy those nights, but worth it in the end!
Post a Comment