Tuesday, August 18, 2009

12 Tremendous Months

Wow, it is a good thing this is Jonah's last monthly update because as the year went on, I got more behind :) It just amazes me that as a mother, I have such conflicting emotions about Jonah turning one. Of course, I love and adore every second watching him grow but am so sad that it is happening so very fast! This year has just flown by and I pray that I was able to soak up as many memories as possible. So what is my big boy up to now that he is one?

Eating: Baby food and being spoon fed are a distant memory. Jonah continues to eat what we eat at each meal. Since his birthday, we have tried peanut butter and whole eggs and they are a big hit. A few of his favorites are: bananas, peaches, plums, bagels with cream cheese and pasta with tomato sauce. At 11 months, Jonah was only taking a bottle before naps and bedtime. After his birthday, we weaned him down to only one bottle before bed and sippy cups throughout the day. Next month, we will take that final bottle away. He is doing fine and hardly notices the difference (I think mommy and daddy enjoy the cuddles with that last bottle more that Jonah enjoys the bottle).

Sleeping: Unfortunately, as far as sleeping goes, no day is the same for Jonah. For a few weeks, I thought he had dropped his morning nap because he fought it so hard, then he wanted it back. Now, I am having a hard time with afternoon naps because of having to pick Caleb up from school and carpool line. But most days he gets in at least two naps, a long and a short. As far as nighttime, most nights he is sleeping from 7 o'clock to 6ish without waking. Every once in a while he will get on a kick of waking in the middle of the night but breaks the habit himself.

Playing and Milestones: Jonah is such a busy body these days! He is constantly on the move. He is pulling up on everything now. On his birthday, he started to cruise for the first time! Now, he is even getting brave and letting go of things with one hand while he is standing. I am in no rush for him to walk so I will let him take his time. He is babbling all the time but is not using any words on a regular basis yet.

He got so many wonderful toys for his birthday! It is so fun to watch him play. Some of the fun things that he is doing include: driving cars around while he is trying to make a "vvvrrooom" sound, he loves the zebra toy that Aunt Beverly brought him and he will pull-up on it and when it plays music he will dance, but by far his favorite things to play with are the plastic cups and plates in the kitchen drawers (I think I clean up that mess 20 times a day!). I love that he has also started to bring us board books so we can read to him.

Growth/Health: Today was Jonah's 1 year check-up (I am using this as my excuse for posting so late, ha ha). He got a clean bill of health! His tubes are doing great and we have not had a single infections since they were put in!!! He is still a big boy: Weight- 23lbs 15 oz. (70%) Height- 29 3/4 in. (50%) and Head Circum: 48cm (93%). We are now in a size 5 diaper and 12-18 month clothes. Today he only had two shots (I love my pediatrician!) and he handled it like such a big boy!

Here are the official 12 month shots. He wanted to grab the camera so bad!


We love you little man!

2 comments:

Christy said...

He is precious!!

I understand those conflicting emotions :)

Anonymous said...

so, so cute!!! happy birthday, little man :O)