* You are still our chubby little guy. You have plenty of rolls for us to love on but both mommy and daddy have noticed you slimming up just a bit. You are in a size 5 diaper and 9-12 month clothes.
* This month you have come a long way with eating baby food. It seems like just over the span of a week, you went from spitting everything out to eating a whole bowl of cereal!!
- Around mid month, you were really loving being spoon fed. You were eating a whole jar of 1st foods and a bowl of cereal. Your favorite baby food has been green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, squash, and pears - in that order. I am still surprised at how little you seem to like fruit!? You have tried rice, oatmeal, whole wheat, and mixed grain cereal. You have been my best eater so far!!
- Your eating has changed a little the past few weeks. This is because you are now eating some finger foods! You are eating Gerber Puffs and LOVE them! Micah, you even have a pincer grasp and can feed yourself! See I told you that you were growing up too fast!! Although this is a wonderful milestone, it has caused you to want to feed yourself everything. You grab the spoon from us and proceed to make a huge mess! We are working on a compromise where you get a spoon all to yourself, ha ha.
- Now, you are eating 2nd foods and have also started to eat yogurt. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to make much homemade baby food for you, but with us starting homeschool, I just haven't had the time. I'm going to work on it, sweet boy!
-We are still nursing! This month officially makes you the winner- you have nursed longer than both of your brothers! This makes mommy really happy. We have introduced you to a sippy cup with water and you love to play with it but don't really drink much. It has become harder to nurse you because you love to look around and want to play. Mommy now has to take you in your room (without distractions) and feed you. I love this time we have together! * Did I ever tell you that you let me know you want to nurse by grabbing my face and biting my nose? It hurts a little but I love it so much that I won't make you stop. It is like our own special sign language!
* Still no teeth :)
* This month has also been a big month because you moved into your very own room. At first, mommy was really sad to see you move upstairs but it really has been a good thing (don't tell your daddy I said that). When you were in our room, you were waking 2-3 times a night! The first night in your room you woke at 2am and 5am but since then, at most, you have only woken around 5am and then go back to sleep. I'm scared to even blog this- but the past few nights you have slept ALL NIGHT- from 8pm to 8am!! THANK YOU!
* Along with a pincer grasp you have also learned to sit up this month! Mommy still puts the Boppy around you, but it is mainly for my peace of mind.
* Micah you are learning to play with toys now. It is so sweet! Your favorite toy this month is your Peek-a-Blocks.
* You are now saying, "mama", "dada", and "nana" ( I think it is "no" - you hear me say it all day to your brothers, ha ha). You also have started to "click" your tongue which we all think is so adorable.








1 comment:
Yea! Thank goodness he is sleeping more for you! Sweet Micah, we love you. :-)
Post a Comment