Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Growing Up: Micah is 1 year!

My sweet baby boy you are a year old! I think I am still in denial of this fact.


You are still getting bigger everyday! You had your 1 year check up at the doctors and you weigh 20.9 pounds (18%), you are 29 inches long (26%), and your head is 18.25 inches around (50%). Micah, you are wearing 12-18 month clothes and a size 4 diaper.

Two weeks ago, right after your birthday, you weaned from the breast :-( I won't lie that I am still a little heart broken over this fact. I really wanted to hang onto our last few feedings for a few more months but my appendix had other plans. Just a few days after your birthday, I had to have surgery and couldn't nurse you for a few days. By the time it was safe again, you really didn't want to anymore. I thank the Lord that I was able to meet my one year goal, but I still miss it everyday!

Micah you don't eat hardly any baby food now. You are loving grown up food at every meal. Just a few of your favorites now are: cereal bars, black beans and rice, and peanut butter sandwiches. You are drinking whole milk and water from a sippy cup.

This month has been kind of confusing with your naps. Most of the time you still take two naps, a short one in the morning and a longer afternoon nap. A few days you refuse the morning and only take one after lunch. Even with tough naps, you still sleep great at night from 7ish-8ish. Micah you still take the prize for my best sleeper and I thank you for that ;-)

By far the biggest change for you this month has been your mobility. You are always "on the go" crawling all over the house. You can pull up and cruise on anything, even the walls. You now love to "walk" holding onto our fingers and your walker. I know you will be taking steps any day now.

My sweet little boy, you love to play with your brothers! You want to play with all of their toys. Your favorite toys now are your counting piggy bank and your ball popper. I laugh so hard when I watch you play with Caleb and Jonah. You have learned very quickly how to defend yourself and your toys. Micah you pull hair, tackle and even bite!!

I wish I was a better writer so I could better describe your personality. Micah you are so funny and have such a wonderful laugh! You are also a "snuggle baby", it melts my heart when you lay your head on my shoulder or chest. You love your Daddy and your face lights up when you see him but I still think you are momma's boy.

What a blessed year this has been! I know that we couldn't love you anymore if we tried. You bring such joy to every member of this family. Although, I miss your "babyness" I look forward to watching you grow into the man that God intends for you to be. I pray that God gives me the wisdom and skills that I need to be a good Mom for you and your brothers.

I love you will all my heart,
Mommy

No comments: