Mike has gone from driving this......
To this.....On this path to freedom we have learned a very important lesson. "Affording" something does NOT mean you can afford the PAYMENTS, it means that you can buy it with CASH!! The truth is that although we could easily afford the payments on Mike's Civic, this is the car that we could truly afford.
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower becomes the lender's slave. Proverbs 22:7
No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. Matthew 6:24
Again, we are being very transparent during this process so that others can learn from us and know they are not alone. I know all too well how it feels to look around and think that you are the only one in debt. The truth is, that "normal" is broke, and that should be apparent to us all now with the huge number of foreclosures.







3 comments:
I continue to be in admiration of you both and the sacrifices you are making for your future. You are awesome!
I'm so proud of you taking the baby steps to get out of debt and set roots for a new family tree! My husband and I did financial peace the first year we were married and I continue to tell people that it's the best thing we've ever done for our marriage. Stick with it! :)
Erin...that is so HUGE! what an awesome thing yall are doing and being a wonderful example for your boys (and others) on how to handle money appropriately. goodness knows very few people do in today's society. on another note, i'd love to hear more details on your couponing. i have GOT to do something in the groceries/walmart area. i'm seriously overspending....and thats not working at ALL w/us adopting. please help! thanks sweet girl!
Post a Comment