Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Jonah

Our sweet cuddly Jonah turned 3 years-old last week. I can't believe how fast the years are flying by! I have to say what an easy age this is for birthdays. All Jonah wanted was, "party hats and a Diego cake". Sweet boy you got your wish and we even threw in Chick-fil-a for dinner (a 3 year-old's dream come true).

Here he is opening gifts. Again very easy to please with books, puzzles, and some art supplies. We are not looking forward to the years when he will start asking for electronics, ha.



He loved his Diego cake!




So what is new with our 3 year-old boy?

*He potty trained a few weeks ago! I honestly was dreading it and probably put it off longer than I should. By the end of the second day, he was trained- amazing! He also is pretty much night time trained (not one single nap or bedtime accident) but we still put him in a pull-up. The only issue we are having is with #2, which he is scared to do on the potty, but he waits until he has on a pull-up. I'm sure it will come with time and I am too busy counting my blessings that I only have one in diapers.
*Jonah loves school time. He is doing great: he can identify all 26 letters upper and lower case, knows all 26 letter sounds, can count to 20 in English, 10 in Spanish, and knows the basic shapes and colors.
*His absolute favorite thing is story-time! He has managed to get story-time four times a day now plus our reading for school. He insists on listening to Micah's stories at nap and bed time plus he gets his own at both nap and bed time- smart kid ;-) He also has to go to bed with at least 3 books so that he can "read" before he falls asleep.
*He loves to build Legos and play Star Wars with Caleb.
*Jonah has an amazing laugh! He is a pretty easy going guy but that does not mean that he is free from toddler temper.

What a sweet amazing little boy Jonah is. All you have to do is look at that smile with his little dimple and you are smiling right back. We love you!


No comments: