Monday, November 12, 2007

Wow, do I feel OLD!

I think at first, I thought that a TFK, Barlow Girl and Tobie Mac concert would make me feel young- How wrong was I!! Don't get me wrong I loved every minute of the music, all of the bands put on a great show. Mike and I love Christian rock and rap music: gasp! We own every Tobie Mac album even way back to DC Talk. What made me feel old were the people that surrounded us. There were plenty of people there that were our age and older but they were chaperons. Also, standing in general admission made my body feel every bit of my age.

I was so uplifted by being there last night. These bands give such an amazing message through their music. They are exactly what this generation of teens need. It is so refreshing to see these kinds of role models for our children. Teens look at them and see that you can be popular & talented and still be modest and put God first.

By the way, Caleb's first sleep over did not go too well. He never went to sleep and was so worked up about the idea of spending the night that he threw up before we got there. We didn't get back into Jackson until after 11pm and he didn't get to bed until 11:45. Anyone want to guess what time he woke up this morning?? His usual 5:45am. Again, wow do I feel old!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I know how you feel. I went to a wedding shower awhile back-I am 25 and all the girls were 19-21. Married with kids and 25 is a whole other universe from single and 19-21. I sat there thinking...WHEN DID I GET OLD?!?!