Monday, April 7, 2008

Good-bye Old Friend

I got a call on Saturday that my childhood cat died. Boo was 17 or 18 years old and had a good life. She had many litters of kittens and was a "mommy" to us all. I did not think that her passing would effect me as much as it has, after all, I have not lived at home in almost 8 years. I think I have asked Mike if we could get a cat three times since I got the call (BTW, his answer has been NO).

Here are some old pictures of the cat that would wait for me everyday to get off the bus. Good-bye old friend we will always remember you.

This is one when she was a kitten with her brother- I'm not sure which one is her :)


This is after she got older (the older she got, the darker her fur would get) with one of her many kittens.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems funny how much they become a part of your life and memories. When I think about you and her it was of her and heidi waiting at the window, side by side for you to come home.I will miss her too


Love Dad

Anonymous said...

so sorry about your kitty, erin. i really miss mine, too!

hope you're feeling better.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

erin~

demetria ought to miss her's (hahahaha, dee dee). i try to remind her all of the time about khaki cat!

i have 2 cats now, but growing up had one that was a himalayan and was my best friend. aggie died after tommy and i met. and somehow it was important to me that tommy "met" aggie!

suzanne

jenny winstead said...

so pretty....

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

so sad!! our pets really do become part of our families!! great to see you this morning! glad you are feeling better!