Wednesday, September 17, 2008

6 Weeks Old

6 weeks marks the official end to my maternity leave. I have been cleared to return to work :( My first day back will be on Saturday. I am sad but also looking forward to some adult interaction. I am so blessed that I am working less than 20 hours per week and will not have to use any child care! Just as we did with Caleb, I will only work weekends and evenings (short shifts) so that Mike can care for the boys. Who could really be broken up about going back to work to play with more babies?? I have an awesome job!

The boys are doing great! Jonah is growing so much! He had his 6 week check-up yesterday and everything is perfect. We knew he was getting big- but wow! He now weighs 11lbs 15oz (75%) and is 22 in (45%). He had his first round of shots yesterday and handled it like a trooper. So far, no fever or fussiness. His third nighttime feeding has returned- you know he has to keep up his figure, ha ha.

Caleb also had his 4 year old check-up yesterday and was so well behaved. He was so excited about being big enough to go "teetee" in a cup. He was a little unsure about the finger stick but hasn't stopped talking about "the red stuff" since. Dr. Delany was very impressed with his speech and vocabulary- until she couldn't get a word in. We are still working with Caleb being disrespectful but it is getting better.

Here are a few pictures from the past few days.

This is pretty much the only way he sleeps if he is not being held ;0)


Just a little bit bigger than the last bathtub pictures! Look at those sweet rolls.


I love this set of pictures. I love you Jonah, you make my heart melt.


Mike's dad came to visit this weekend and we had a great time.


This is a picture of Jonah with Dr. Tucker. Caleb cried when he found out he wasn't going to be able to go with me to visit his buddy Dr. Tucker.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

p.s. Love the little monogrammed shirt! Glad it's fitting him!