I started quite a frenzy with my last post. My sweet Daddy called me and wanted to know when he should catch his flight from Florida (although, I do believe he would use any excuse to get back up here to his grandsons- right dad? ;0).
I really am doing fine. As I sit here typing, Caleb is at school, Jonah is sound asleep in his swing, the beds are made, the dishes are done, and diaper laundry is in the washer and I have peace.
Wednesday was a particularly bad day. Caleb was sick and home from school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I don't think I realized how much it helped me to have him at school from 7:15 until 11:30. Jonah was also starting to fight daytime naps and was really fussy. I have since learned that I have to start putting him down for his nap before he shows signs of being tired and that seems to be working. I also was starting to get sick but didn't realize it at the time. So everything kind of happened at once.
I will let you know that Caleb did alot better yesterday- I think he only went to time-out once and that was after Mike got home. Also, the past two nights, Jonah has dropped one of his nighttime feedings- woo hoo!! I am not going to let myself get too excited it may come back.
Thank you everyone for all of your advice! After I get rid of this cold, I will be my old optimistic self again- HA HA.
June...where did you go?
10 years ago








3 comments:
Hey!
I am so sorry you are having a rough week. I very clearly remember those days/weeks after Layton was born. Laura Grace went through the exact same thing Caleb is-same behavior, same everything.
I am praying for you!
It sounds like things are looking up, and just know that they will continue to get better! Jonah will get easier to put down, Caleb will get used to not having you all to himself and you will be able to get more done during the day.
Now that mine are older they play together and I am able to clean, BLOG LOL, and shower without too much worry. THat will happen for you as well, I PROMISE.
I will also say this, Laura Grace went through another phase like Caleb's when she was his age. According to all of my child psych books (because I am wierd and read them LOL) they say to expect it. Caleb just has the addition of a new sibling on top of it. He just doesn't realize yet how rich his life is now and how much fun he will have with Jonah.
Get some rest this weekend and hug on your boys.
Glad things are looking up! Enjoy the weekend and get lots of rest.
Maybe you can help me with potty training now. :-)
Love,
Bev
so glad things are better!! still praying for ya'll!! let me know if you need anything!!
Post a Comment