Monday, September 1, 2008

LABOR Day

In honor of Labor Day, Christy posted this on her blog. All of this is very fresh on my mind so I thought I would play along.

1. How long were your labors?

Caleb- 18 LONG hours
Jonah- 5 short and easy hours

2. How did you know you were in labor?

Both times I needed to be induced. I still am a little disappointed I never had the opportunity to count contractions (maybe the next one? Mike?).

3. Where did you deliver?

Caleb was at a local hospital in Gainesville - not the one I worked at.
Jonah was at Woman's. I truly had a wonderful experience at both!

4. Drugs?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Having an epidural with both boys was possibly the best decision I have ever made!

With Caleb, I held out as long as I could- 14 hours into it. After, I was so relaxed and it really started to speed things up. I thought that I wanted to name Caleb after my Anaesthesiologist.

Jonah's labor was amazing! My doctor had the Anaesthesiologist give me my epidural before my contractions ever really got bad. My baby was born a little over an hour after my epidural was in and I only pushed for maybe 5 minutes. I was laughing in between pushes and was told I almost laughed him out. As soon as he was born, I told everyone that I was ready to do that again (Mike is still not so certain about that).

Who delivered?

Dr. Stewart delivered Caleb. My regular OB had given birth about a month before Caleb was born so I had to change doctors at the end. Dr. Stewart was great and even prayed over Caleb after he was born.

Dr. Tucker delivered Jonah. I had weekly appointments for 12 weeks so was able to get to know Dr. Tucker very well as did Caleb. Dr. Tucker said that he looked forward to my appointments so that he could talk with Caleb - they really did become friends. One of the first things he asked me the day I delivered was "Where is Caleb"?

Anyone else want to play along? I would love to hear your stories.

1 comment:

The Burger Bunch said...

Your Mom showed me her picture book!!! You looked great & happy and so did the boys! I loved all the pictures:) That trip is all your mom was talking about!!xoxo lots of love,
Gwennie