As you may have guessed, we still have not decided on a name for our new little boy. We have narrowed it down to a few options. I am placing a poll over to the side to get your opinions. Here are the choices and why.
Timothy Daniel- (Mike's choice) Yes, both are Biblical but our son would be named after Tim Tebow and Danny Wuerffel.
Timothy- "Honoring God". Timothy was a young Christian who was Paul's companion in his missionary journeys.
Daniel- "God is my judge". Daniel was one of the great prophets on the Bible.
Silas Gabriel- (Erin's choice) Mike is not too happy with the name Silas but it is my favorite.
Silas- "Wood, from the forest". Silas was an early Christian convert from Jerusalem. He accompanied Paul on his missionary journeys.
Gabriel- "Champion of God". Gabriel is the name of an archangel used by God to send messages of great importance to mankind.
Ethan Gabriel- (Compromise) We both really like the name. My only problem with it is that Ethan is VERY popular (it has been in the top 5 for the past 5 years). Should I let that bother me so much?? A cute little bonus is that the baby will have my initials :)
Ethan- "Firm, enduring". Ethan is the name of four men in the Bible. Ethan the Ezrahite was the son of Mahol. He was distinguished for his wisdom, which was surpassed only by Solomon. Ethan is the author of the 89th Psalm.
Gabriel- "Champion of God". Gabriel is the name of an archangel used by God to send messages of great importance to mankind.
So what do you think? Vote and let us know :)
June...where did you go?
10 years ago








7 comments:
i LOVE the name silas AND ethan!!!
ethan thomas rolls off the tongue really well...
either one of them is awesome!!
I vote for Timothy Daniel or Ethan Thomas-I love the name Thomas as a middle name ;).
We are studying the book of Daniel right now-awesome namesake.
I do like the name Silas, it is unique. However, I think boys names are safer more traditional (says the one with a son named Layton HA!)
I vote for Ethan Gabriel! In "The Baby Name Wizard," Ethan's brother's names are: Caleb, Isaac, Dylan, Jonah, and Mason!
In Mississippi in 2008, Ethan was #8 in popularity, but there were only 179 Ethans born that year.
Good luck!
gee..........guess which one I voted for - as if you don't know!!!
We think Silas will be our little boy's name eventually, so I obviously love it! It has an "s" on the end and so does Thomas, so the first and last name would sound similar. Based on your last name, I vote for Ethan, but like I said, I'm a Silas fan too!
I love them all Erin! I have always Loved all of your and Mike's name choices! But my vote is Ethan Gabriel! Ethan was one of my choice's for little Brian, but because we had a name debate, we just chose to go with Brian JR.
But I love each choice! Great names:)
love, love the silas gabriel!!!!
Post a Comment