Monday, April 5, 2010

A change of seasons

Changes...

I love the changing seasons! I love the vibrant red and yellow leaves as fall approaches and the blooming Dogwood trees are one of my most favorite sights. But, I am not a big fan of major life changes (except adding new babies to the family). I am a creature of habit and I love a routine. Change stresses me out and no one in my family enjoys that, ha ha.

It is with both excitement and a heavy heart that I tell you we are making one of those dreaded life changes. We are leaving Mississippi and moving to Atlanta, Georgia.

My heart is heavy and I have tears in my eyes as I think about leaving Mississippi. We have lived here for four years now. Caleb has no memories before Mississippi and Jonah and Micah were born here. We bought our first home, made wonderful friends and memories that we will cherish forever.

I will miss so much...

Our church family! Colonial Heights has been our home for four years. We had our first visit the Sunday after we arrived and knew this is where God wanted us. We never visited any other church in the area. This church family has prayed me through loosing two babies, has dropped everything to watch Caleb when I had to be admitted to the hospital with Jonah, and celebrated with us when we brought two beautiful babies home. With CHBC's teaching and guidance I have grown in my Christian walk, Caleb has asked Jesus into his heart, and my babies have heard about the love of Jesus. I love you!

Woman's Hospital. Two of my babies were born there, but more importantly I have made so many great friends. I am one of the lucky people in the world that can say, "I love my job". I have been so blessed to find my passion (besides my children) and get paid to do it. I understand that I may never be able to find a place like this again and that makes me sad.

OK, enough with the sad stuff!! We are also very excited to see what God has in store for us! Mike is very happy about his new job and this move will bring us closer to the majority of our family. Atlanta seems like a great place to raise a family with a ton of activities for the boys. It is both exciting and scary to start over.

So what happens now?? Well, Mike will go ahead of us and start his new job on the 19th. The boys and I will stay behind until the house sells. We will move in July even if the house hasn't sold yet. Mike's new company is going to allow him to work remotely some of the time so we won't be separated for too long. Mike will, at the very least, come home every weekend.

We would love it if you could pray for us during this transition. Please pray: that the house sells quickly, that God gives me the strength to take care of the boys by myself, for Mike's safety while traveling back and forth, and that when the move is finished that we can find friends that we grow to love as much as the ones here.

4 comments:

jenny winstead said...

oh gosh erin. i am so sad that yall are leaving, but in a way i think it will be an amazing new chapter in your lives and a new start! i have ALWAYS wanted to move out of state just to say i did, and i guess there's something about MS, people who were born and raised here have a hard time leaving here. i am so sorry to see yall go, but will DEFINITELY be praying for yall during the transition! :) xo

Christy said...

oh my goodness!! I am sad that you are having to leave CHBC. I STILL miss it. BUT Atlanta is a wonderful place to live and I am sure that God will bless your time there!

The Easleys said...

Oh erin. I can't believe that y'all are moving. It will be so sad to not see you anymore. Well, at least we can keep in touch through the internet. I know God will bless you and your family through all of this, but y'all will be missed.

Ashley said...

We are in the same boat---moving out of state soon! I know you will have a wonderful life in Georgia. Hang in there with the house on the market--I feel your pain! I'm really excited for you guys, though---it's a new chapter!