Friday, July 2, 2010

Micah is Six Months Old

Well my sweet little man, you are six months old! I can't believe you are half way to a year. This time has just flown by as I try and soak in every moment of your baby days.

This has been a very busy month for us. We made the move to Georgia and are getting settled. I am sad that you won't remember your time in Mississippi, the place where you were born. But I will always tell you about the people that loved you and prayed for you there. We are so happy to be back together as a family again. Let me tell you about what you have been up to this month...

You are growing, growing, growing! I need to schedule your six month appointment with the new pediatrician soon to find out exactly how much you weigh, but I can tell you, that you are a little chub!! We had to move you up to a size 4 diaper! That is only one size below your brother Jonah! You are wearing 6-9 month clothes and even some 9-12 months- I can't believe it.

We have started to feed you baby food this past week. You seem to like the taste and keep opening your mouth for more but are still pushing it out with your tongue. At six months, I think it is time to start eating so we will continue to try. Mommy is making your baby food so hopefully that makes it taste better. Micah you are still Mommy's boy and love to nurse. I don't even remember the last time we attempted a bottle? I pray that I will be able to feed you for the entire first year. I love that time we get to spend together (that is when your brothers are not trying to sit on you, ha ha).

You still don't have any teeth :)

Micah you still sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room in the co-side sleeper. In the new house, you and your brother's rooms are on the second floor. I don't feel like climbing stairs in the middle of the night for feedings, so until you sleep through the night, you will stay with us :) You still wake twice in the night to eat. You continue to take two naps a day.

My little Micah Man, you are so much fun! We all love to hear you laugh, which you do all the time. You are so ticklish! Oh my! how you "talk". When you want to talk you are so loud. Usually the family loves your little conversations but recently you have been wanting to talk to mommy at 5am and that is not the best time for me, ha ha.

You spend your days "going with the flow". If we go to the mall, library, or park, you are perfectly happy just hanging out with us. When we are at home, you like your bouncy (you can really get that thing moving now), bumbo, and exersaucer. I don't put you on the floor as much as I should for tummy time because I am worried that your brothers will run over you :)

My boy, how we love you! I feel so blessed to be your Mommy and love watching you grow.

No comments: