Thursday, August 21, 2008

6 Random Facts....

I was tagged by Brie and Jenny to post 6 Random Facts about myself.

Here are the rules of the game...

1. Link to the person who ‘tagged’ you!
2. Post the rules on your blog!
3. List 6 random facts about yourself!
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post!
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by commenting on their blog!
6. Let the tagger know the entry is posted on your blog!

This is going to be hard to come up with ideas. I played this not too long ago and used up all my semi-interesting facts.

Random Fact #1

I do not have an athletic bone in my body. I never played a sport as a child or in high school. I did have a short time my freshman year in high school where I was interested in tennis but I was REALLY bad and never made the team! I once had a gym membership for a year and after the first month never used it again. I hope to a least get out and do some walking to get rid of my last few pounds of baby weight. I also hope that my sons take after their daddy in athletics.

Random Fact #2

I have a love/hate relationship with reading. I absolutely love to read but hate to pick up a novel and get into it. The problem is that once I am into a book everything else in my life gets put to the side. I have been known to not eat and not sleep to finish a book. In college, I once almost failed an exam because I was finishing Harry Potter and didn't study (a big deal for a woman that graduated Valedictorian and was on the Deans List in college).

Random Fact #3

I am a total night owl. I love to stay up late and hate to wake up early in the morning. As a nurse, I have always chosen to work the 7pm to 7am shift. Up until a year ago, I only worked overnight shifts and loved every minute of it! Now that I have a 4 year-old that refuses to sleep past 6am, I am forced to be more of a morning person- but I don't like it!!

Random Fact #4

I hardly ever spend any $$ on myself. I don't buy jewelry or makeup and I don't get manicures or pedicures unless I have received a gift certificate. I usually only buy clothes when it is absolutely necessary. I have no idea why I am like this. Even if I had a huge amount of money I would probably spend it all on things for the house and the boys.

Random Fact #5

I am terrified of flying. My fear has gotten worse the older I get. Even the thought of getting on an airplane makes my heart race! It does not help that the last time I was on a plane I was flying by myself with a two year old. We hit bad weather and the lady next to me pretty much took care of Caleb because I was so distraught. Mike is well aware that the next time I get on a plane there will be drugs in my system (prescription of course).

Random Fact #6

I am not a big fan of the beach. I guess growing up in Florida around 20-30 minutes from the beach will do that to a person. I think it has been at least 15 years since I was last at the beach and I really don't have much of a desire to go back. When I think of the beach, all I can think about is heat, sweat, sunburn, saltwater, and sand in all the wrong places. We are going to take Caleb to the beach in October on a visit to see my parents and I hope he enjoys it more than I do.

I hope that was not too boring :) Yet again, almost everyone on my Blog Roll has been tagged, so I am only tagging one person (oops, I'm breaking the rules). Marcie (The Buys Family) is my sweet cousin that just started her blog last week- Tag your it!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I am NOT a morning person either! It always makes me feel better to hear that other people are that way. It makes me feel less lazy, I guess.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the beach either. There are just better places to go, in my opnion.

:o)

jenny winstead said...

thanks for sharing! very very interesting stuff about you erin! :)

Anonymous said...

You're so afraid of flying that you decided to decorate Jonah's room with airplanes? Huh?

Thanks for playing!

Gator Mommy said...

Ha Ha! That is funny Brie, I never thought about that! I guess as long as I am looking at an airplane that means that I am not inside it- just the way I prefer :)

Anonymous said...

this is fun!!! i HATE getting up in the morning. i pretty much love to sleep whenever the opportunity presents itself. which isn't often enough these days.

can't BELIEVE how big baby jonah is getting!