Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our BIG boy Jonah!

Today, we had Jonah's first visit to the pediatrician. He checks out great! The surprise was how much weight he has gained in such a short amount of time.

8/4/08-Birth: 7lbs 10oz 20.5 inches
8/5/08-hospital discharge: 7lbs 7oz
8/7/08-2 day check- up: 7lbs 8oz
8/18/08-visit to hospital: 8lbs 9oz
8/20/08-1st peds visit: 8lbs 14oz 21 inches

Dr. Delany was amazed that he has had that much weight gain with exclusive breastfeeding. I'm so happy that breastfeeding is going so well. I feel very lucky because I know that there are plenty of women that would love to breastfeed but are unable. I love every moment of feeding my baby- even at 3am!

He is a very happy baby and only cries when he wants to eat- which is very frequently during the day. At night, he is waking 3 times- 12am, 3am & 5am. Oh, and he is officially no longer a newborn because his cord fell off this morning :( I really can't believe how fast time is flying already.

I will post pictures soon along with my Random Facts Quiz.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am so pumped that you are a breastfeeding consultant...that's right, isn't it? I have a feeling I'll be talking to you about this!! :o)