Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Welcome Jonah

Jonah Matthew was born at 11:34 am on Monday the 4th. He weighs 7lbs 10oz and is 20 and 1/2 inches long. Both mom and baby are home and doing great.Here's the story :)

Labor was quick at only a little over 5 hours. I came in dilated 3-4 cm, induction was started at 6:30 with pitocin. The doctor broke my water at around 8:45. I was told that I could have my epidural any time I wanted- I already planned on having one. I only had contractions for less than 30 min when in walks the Anaesthesiologist ready to give me my epidural!! I didn't even have a chance to ask for it, but that was OK with me. It was probably only 10am when my epidural was finished. I started pushing at around 11:15 and Jonah was born healthy at 11:34. I could not have asked for a better labor and delivery. I feel extremely blessed.

So far, Caleb seems to be enjoying his little brother. He sure is enjoying being spoiled by all of his grandparents :)

Here are a few pictures from 1 of the 3 cameras that were used, so don't worry more to follow!

The last pregnancy picture- leaving for the hospital.


Did I really just have a baby?

Yes! We are Gators as soon as we are born!

8 comments:

jenny winstead said...

hey erin! we are so excited for you! baby jonah is so beautiful! i am so happy that everything went well for you and the delivery!
we'll be in touch!

Christy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

He is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your delivery went well!! I'll be bringing you dinner on Monday. Depending on my husband's schedule, I might to Caleb to the park, too. I'll just call you later about it.

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I love the pic of Michael showing off his belly, too!

Anonymous said...

he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous! congratulations! i'm bringing yall food on saturday night.

Lori Wyont said...

Congrats. He is so cute.

Beverly said...

He is so precious! I wish I could hold my little nephew. we're thinking of you as you transition into a family of four. (And the belly pic of Shawn made me laugh. when is he due?)

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

yeah!! so glad that labor and delivery went so smoothly!! he is adorable!!