Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Five Fabulous Months

What an amazing month December was!

We can't believe how big our baby boy has gotten! Last month at Jonah's 4 month check up he weighed 17lbs 7.5oz and Sunday at his sick visit for his ear he was 18lbs 15oz!! Yes, we know he is huge! Needless to say he loves to nurse. We did start on some solid food because he was showing us signs he was ready. The first and second night with rice cereal went really well, but now he is refusing. I made a batch of sweet potatoes and that didn't go over too well either. Maybe next we will try some avocado and see how that goes- but I am in no rush. He is still waking in the night 2 times. When he is feeling better I am going to try and gently break him of that habit (he obviously doesn't require the calories, ha ha) .

He plays all day long. Jonah loves his new toys from Christmas. Throughout the day we alternate between his two play gyms, the exersauser, the Johnny Jumper, the Bumbo, the swing, and being held and loved on :) It looks like our living room vomited baby toys! I still depend on my Baby K'Tan although he is enjoying the stroller a lot too. We are down to two naps a day: a short morning and a long afternoon nap (and sometimes he falls asleep when we go to pick up big brother from school).

Jonah is such a happy baby! He laughs and "talks" all the time. Caleb and Jonah are still best friends, sometimes Caleb can calm Jonah down better than I can! Jonah is still not rolling on a regular basis (that's a lot of weight to throw around), but I think he will be sitting up very soon.

Here are his new pictures. I thought it would be cute to include some diaper shots- he looks like a New Years Baby.

No, he didn't fall- he is trying to eat the dog! Ha Ha!


What a crazy smile :)


A look back: newborn, one month of wonder, two month of joy, three months of delight & four fantastic months.

No comments: