Eating: We have been completely off of baby food this month. He will not allow me to spoon feed him at all now- not even his favorite, Yo Baby. He will try anything that we put in front of him. His favorites this month are anything that are carbs. or dairy! He is still taking a bottle but I hope to have him off by his birthday.
Sleeping: Napping this summer has been hit or miss. We have been so busy with activities with Caleb that Jonah usually misses one of his naps a day. He is still the happiest if he gets two naps a day. Bedtime has been pushed up a little to around 6:30 to accommodate the "no nap grumps". He is still waking once a night but we have started to wean him of this habit. When he wakes up he wants a bottle, so the past few nights we have only been giving him a few ounces and will decrease the amount each night. I hope it works.
Growth: When Jonah got his tubes placed he weighed 23 pounds. He is wearing 9-12 month clothes but can fit into 18 month. Jonah is still in his medium cloth diapers or a "sposie" size 4.
Playing/Milestones: This month has been all about crawling. About a week and a half ago, Jonah started to crawl on his hands and knees. This is pretty much how he spends his day :) He is pulling up to his knees but can't quite get to his feet yet. His favorite toys at the moment are his bead maze, board books and doors (he loves to close them over and over again).
Jonah's vocabulary is finally starting to expand. The past few weeks we have heard a version of, "brother", "yes", and "what's that". Yesterday at a friends house, Jonah was admiring the deer head they have on the wall. I told him it was a deer and he repeated the word "deer" perfectly!! I love hearing that sweet little voice.
Here are a few sweet pictures of our boy.

Can you tell that he was enjoying his lasagna?
His eleven month pictures were very difficult to take. Jonah kept wanting to dive off of the rocking chair head first (you can see Mike's hand keeping him from succeeding). He was not to happy to take pictures this month :(
I have got to start working on his birthday party but I am in denial that my baby will be a year old next month!!








1 comment:
Great update! I love this age, and it's so exciting to hear those first sweet words! Hope to see him soon...
Post a Comment