Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Us Your Wedding Dress

I know that I have been a very bad blogger lately :( So sorry for the lack of posts but I thought I would break my silence with a fun post. Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting a "Show us your Life Carnival". This week is wedding dresses.

I tried very hard to make my wedding as "Martha Stewart" as possible. I think I did a pretty good job with the wedding planning, considering Mike and I were both attending college full time. I will never forget that the Monday AFTER the wedding, I took two finals for nursing school- talk about stressful.

We found the dress at the third store we tried. I am so happy we found this small shop in West Palm Beach after a horrible trip to David's. As soon as I tried it on, I think everyone knew it was mine.

Here are the pictures. The wedding was almost 7 years ago, an although my photographer did use digital- he charged "an arm and a leg" for them. So these pictures are pictures of pictures- sorry for the poor quality.

One of my favorite things about the wedding, besides marring the love of my life, was that the ceremony took place on the University of Florida campus. Like we needed another reason to be forever linked to Gainesville :)

8 comments:

Khordaddy said...

Very pretty dress. The one of you guys in the chapel/church is a great shot.

Beverly said...

You had a beautiful wedding, and were a gorgeous bride! Fun to look at the "old" pics!

Ashley said...

Erin....SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Dress...location....you....everything!

xoxo!

Anonymous said...

so, so pretty! i LOVE it!!

Micha said...

Those look great for being "pictures of pictures"! You must have wiped off any smudges first :)

I too love the pic of you guys in the church.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't had known that these weren't digital photos.
What a beautiful gown and terrific photos.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Your dress was gorgeous. Loved all the pictures.


I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Hope you will visit me...I have a fun post up today with two giveaways on Monday.

Unknown said...

beautiful dress & what a perfect location! :) we're big gator fans, too! (We live really close to gainesville, though)...