The story starts on Christmas Eve. Although, I had wanted a "Christmas Baby" I really didn't want to go into labor on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I had way too much to get done! On Christmas Eve, we made Christmas cookies and got the house ready for Grandad's visit (Mike's Father).
At 5pm, we went to the Christmas Eve service at church and that is when I felt my first painful contractions. They were not coming regularly but I knew they were different. On the way home, Mike and I joked about me going into labor that night and I said I really didn't want to!! When we got home I started breakfast for the next morning, we set out milk and cookies and got everything ready for the next day. My contractions were still there but still not regular.
We went to bed at 10pm and I was awoken around midnight with contractions. I didn't wake Mike but got up and started keeping track of them. By 2am, I was having contractions every 3-8 min. but they were not too painful. I woke Mike up and let him know. Both of us were a little worried about how fast Jonah's labor was only 16 month ago (4 hours). I called the doctor and he said we should go in. Thank goodness that Mike's dad was there to watch the kids.
We got to the hospital around 3:30. I was at 2cm and regularly contracting. This whole time I am on the verge of tears just thinking about my two boys waking on Christmas morning without Mommy and Daddy. I was so upset I was going to miss Christmas!! The nurses and doctor were so sweet and said as long as I didn't take too long that I could go home and have Christmas!
We got home at 5:30 and woke the boys up! They had a blast playing with their toys. Caleb hardly noticed when we told him that Micah was also going to be born that day. I finished making breakfast for everyone and we made sure the boys were settled for Grandad.
To be continued....








3 comments:
I am SO glad you still got to do Christmas with the boys :) I can't wait to read the rest!
Thanks for sharing your story! I love birth stories- they're always exciting, and now you have a VERY cool one to pass on...
BTW, my boys would be SO jealous of that race track!
Leave us wanting more, eh? I can't imagine the day you had! Can't wait to read more and see you guys!
Post a Comment