I had mentioned before that I had been thinking about going natural. HA HA HA!! Seriously what was I thinking. I love epidurals! After I got mine, I slept though most of my labor- it was awesome!
At around 4:10, I started to feel a "hot spot". It turns out that I was now complete and ready to start pushing. I pushed for three contractions and Micah was born at 4:24pm.
He came out screaming and healthy.
7 pounds 3 ounces
20 inches
When Micah was born, Mike and I were the only ones there. The big boys were at home with Grandad and my parents were still en route from Florida. Here are some family pictures when they arrived. (When Micah was first brought out, the nurses put him in a stocking, awww!)
Going home!
Since arriving home, things have been great. Caleb is completely head over heals for his new baby brother. He has asked to hold him about a million times. Jonah on the other hand could really care less so far. He will give Micah a kiss when asked but other than that has not paid much attention to him.
I have to take a second here to talk about my amazing husband. Not only was he there for me while I was in labor and in the hospital but he was also there for the boys. Mike came home and cooked and fed the boys on Christmas. The next day, he prepared the Christmas meal I had planned and made sure the boys and our guests had an amazing meal! I really don't know how he was able to take care of the two boys, host family in our home, cook, clean and take care of his wife in the hospital. He is without question the best husband and father in the world, and I don't know what I would do without him! Thank you honey, I love you with all my heart!!








4 comments:
Such a sweet story and sweet memory for you guys! I'm glad everything went well!
I loved reading this! What a great experience. Your swing is ready, so I'll be emailing you soon! :) Love to you!
I loved reading this! What a great experience. Your swing is ready, so I'll be emailing you soon! :) Love to you!
ok, mike, you can go to the football game. sorry for saying no! LOL. erin, you are a CHAMP!!! what an amazing christmas present! just a beautiful story, and i can't believe you came home and cooked breakfast while you were in labor. seriously??? wow
Post a Comment