Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Surviving Week One

Sorry, I haven't blogged sooner. I know a few grandparents that are in need of a picture fix.

Overall, things have been very calm around the Thomas House. My parents were here until last Wednesday and were a huge help! Mike took all of last week off, and started back to work yesterday.

Micah is the most layed back baby I have had yet!! He is so calm and is sleeping SO well. He is nursing like a champ and then sleeps for around 3 hours in the day and 4 at night! He only cries during diaper changes and bath times. Unlike Caleb and Jonah when they were infants, he does not need to be held while he sleeps (although I do every chance I get). He has been sleeping great in his bouncer and in the co-side sleeper. I think he is getting used to the noise and craziness that comes with being the baby of 3 boys.

Jonah has been doing great with the baby. I don't think he even notices the difference (yet). He has just been so sweet wanting to give Micah kisses every time he sees him. Mommy and Daddy made a huge mistake this week by trying to transition him to the big boy bed. Wow, was it too soon! Mike spent most of the night last night trying to calm him down when he woke up hysterical. After several hours, he finally settled down in the playpen. Needless to say the crib is going back up tonight (we changed it into a toddler bed).

Caleb our pro big brother is just amazing with Micah. All he wants to do is hold and love all over the baby.

Caleb started back to school this week and I have been cleared to drive- so we have started our brand new normal. It is freezing cold (we had snow flurries yesterday) and is still cold and flu season so we don't have any adventures planned anytime soon. I am just happy that I can pick Caleb up from school at this point.

So here are a few pictures...

Micah's first sponge bath at home.


Not a flattering picture of me but I am keeping it real. I think this was taken on Friday- Micah was one week old.


This is pretty much Micah's life up to this point- sleeping :)


Micah has his two week check up on Friday. I can't wait to see how much he weighs (if I were to guess by the amount of diapers he produces- it would be a ton). I will try and do better taking pictures so check back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the update....I miss you guys and its freezing in Florida too
Love Dad