Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Great Name Debate

I would love to start calling our son by a name soon but we are having some trouble.

The first two boys were named by Mike. He had names in mind and I LOVED them (I did pick the perfect middle names to go along). This time I am not so happy with daddy's choice.

Mike wants to name our son Timothy Daniel. Seems fine right, it fits our Biblical theme, but you haven't heard the whole story. For one, Timothy is not my favorite name. Two, Daniel is the name of our nephew (in my opinion- it's taken). Finally and most importantly, Mike is wanting to name our son after Tim Tebow and Danny Wuerffel. Everyone knows that I am a huge Gator fan, but that is going too far. Oh, and Mike thinks that T.D. would be an awesome nickname!!

My suggestions so far include Gabriel, Elijah (Mike said he would never have a son named Eli- especially in the state of Mississippi), Isaiah, Silas, Ephraim, & Malachi.
He is so stuck on Timothy Daniel that he will not discuss other options.

I would love to have everyone's opinion. Do you have a name suggestion that will go along with our other boys? If we get some suggestions then I will put up a poll soon. Thanks

8 comments:

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

ok - you're not going to like me. i like mike's pick! nothing wrong with that Biblical aspect of the name and it JUST HAPPENS to be after Tim and Danny! how convenient! thank you, God, for allowing those men to be given Biblical names! hehehehe

mary peyton has a wierd story like that, too. she was named after a tv show (one tree hill), but everybody thinks that it was after peyton manning. mainly because at the time, our black lab was eli. and then she ended up being born on archie's birthday. so that's our little story with her name!

good luck with the great name debate!

Christy said...

I agree with you. I hate the name Timothy. Sorry, Mike!!

I just hate the nicknames Tim and Timmy-I think of little Tim from the Christmas Carol LOL.

Good luck!! I ended up losing to my husband as well. There is something about picking a boy's name that they get all up in arms!

I love the name Eli-but you already knew that from MY poll lol.

Beverly said...

I vote for Gabriel!!! Sounds really cute w/ Caleb and Jonah.... Tell Mike that he's had his turn at naming!

Ashley said...

That's so weird--- Eli, Silas, and Gabriel are all on our list for a boy!!!

Timothy Daniel isn't my favorite...but that's just because there could be too many nicknames.

However, if "mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" so....Mike probably won't win this one :o)

Melody said...

I do read your blog regularly but don't know that I have ever commented. This subject is close to my heart as we are pregnant with our 2nd child. I am not finding out the sex of the baby so we are having to come up with 2 names! I just thought I would give my input...I am not much on Timothy either...only because I really like different names. Our music minister's youngest son's name is Josiah and my brother's name is Micah. I do also love Silas...it is unique.

The Easleys said...

okay..I agree with you. Not really big on T.D., sorry Mike. I have always liked the name Joshua (Its not on your list, but it does fit the bible theme), but I really like Silas and Eli too.
Good luck...picking a name is always the hardest part for me.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny so you said that about Danny! He is a friend of Jeff's family and he was at our wedding and caught the garter...I had people beg to pay me for those pictures!!!! That just brought me back to my wedding day! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

well. . . i vote for either silas or eli. i love that you want a biblical name, but i'm not sure about timothy daniel. . . plus your nephew already has the name daniel. i know yall will choose a great name, though, that will be perfect no matter what :O)