Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My First Award


Christy has given me my very first blog award! Thank you! I love reading Christy's blog. She inspires me to be a better homemaker, wife and mommy. Honestly, I will be on the computer (spending way too much time) in my PJ's and I will read a post that says that she has already had devotional with her daughter, cleaned the floor twice, played trains with her preschooler, and fed the baby and I have no choice but to get off my rear and get busy. She gives me hope that I can survive 3 children. I wish we lived closer because I know that our kids would love to play together.

Rules for the award:
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

10 Honest Things About Me

1. I have a temper. Most people do not know this about me but it is true. I am noticing it more because Caleb is starting to show his anger more and more. When he acts out- I see myself :( I am working on this and praying that I can be a good example for my children.

2. I am not a very neat person. I like to think that I am organized and sometimes I get really disciplined and stick to my cleaning schedule but the majority of the time I feel my house is messy. Right now I am looking at a stack of papers on the desk that include sonogram pictures and someones birth certificate. Nesting is starting to kick in and I can't wait to want to clean it all up.

3. I really wish I had time to be crafty. I enjoy sewing, crocheting, and scrap booking (I have not done a page in over 3 years) but I have no time. I don't for see a time in the near future when I will get that time but I can wish.

4. I am stealing this one from Christie because I feel the exact same way. " I worry a lot about my children. To the point where I stop trusting God. I have to remind myself daily that they are His."

5. I am having very mixed emotions over the fact that this will probably be my last pregnancy. There is a part of me that is happy that I will be able to put the "baby stage" behind me once Micah is old enough- we can get rid of the crib, bottles and blankies. We will be able to focus on school and sports and not worry about diapers. But there is another part that can't ever imagine not having a baby in my arms. I am only 28 years old, can I really be done having babies? Mike says YES, ha ha!!

6. I am really looking forward to my 10 year high school reunion Memorial day weekend. I know there are so many people that hated high school but I loved it. I don't really keep in touch with anyone from high school (besides on facebook) but I still want to see them and catch up. Maybe it is because I am so proud of my life post high school. No, I am not a doctor or a lawyer, I am not rich and driving a sports car, and I am not famous. But, God has blessed my life with an amazing husband and three beautiful children and I want to show them off :)

7. To go along with #6, I am nervous about loosing all my baby weight before that reunion. Mike says he is going to help me and possibly get me started on P90X. I am very nervous!

8. Besides Food Network, HGTV, Fox News and occasionally TLC, I am starting to REALLY dislike TV. I am daily appalled by the language in prime time shows. I don't watch reality shows and am truly shocked by how liberal mainstream media has become.

9. I have been thinking about having a natural childbirth with Micah. When I told Mike this- he laughed! I'm not saying this is going to happen, but I am considering it more this time then with the other two. The main reason is because there is a chance I will have a short labor. Only 16 months ago, I had a four hour labor with Jonah and each child is supposed to be faster :) Maybe I can do it?

10. God has blessed my life more than I deserve.

Now, the award goes to...
-Beverly
-Gwen
-Marcie
-Brie @ Mommy Managing
-Jenny W.
-Jill

4 comments:

Mommy Managing said...

I do need to blog about something--anything--but, sigh, the time.

I liked learning new things about you on this post! I thought your family pics were GREAT!

Christy said...

I could have said each and every one of those things :)

I also have a temper. A huge one. It is something I have to work on daily and Clay thankfully holds me accountable.

The baby wieght thing is an issue for me as well. It is so hard to eat healthy and find time to excersize when you have so many other people who need you!

I also feel the same way about Will being our last child. I am only 27 and can't imagine not ever being pregnant again or not having another baby. Clay says NO WAY but I am hoping we are not done :) I will remind myself of this in an hour when both boys are crying HA!

Three children is harder than two, but in some ways also easier. For me, the transition from one child to two children was very hard. The transition from two to three wasn't hard emotionally or even logistically. It is now that Laura Grace has so many practices and school events that it is hard because Will is one of those babies that is very easy at home but must hate going places because as soon as we leave the house he gets fussy and cries a lot.

You will be just fine :) You are a great mom!

Beverly said...

I loved reading these, Erin! I really learned a lot more about you. I had no idea about the natural childbirth thing, but I will be your biggest fan if you do it!

I'll try to make good on your award soon. :-)
Bev

jenny winstead said...

thank you for the blog award! :) i loved reading yours! i'll post on mine shortly! hopefully! :)