I also wanted to post about a new discovery of mine. BabyLegs are a new trendy item sold for baby and toddlers. Anyone that has had a baby in diapers recently can attest to the fact that putting pants (especially jeans) on a baby can be extremely frustrating. Well, with cloth diapers multiply that by 10 (one of the very few negatives for me). Now that it has gotten cold, I wanted a way of keeping Jonah warm but something that was more convenient for me- the answer BabyLegs. These are now sold at Target but the big problem is that they run $11-$15 per pair!! The frugal part of me refused to pay that much so I made my own. I took ladies knee socks and made 4 pair for the cost of 1 of the name brand. I think they are great but Mike hates them. He said they would be perfect for a girl but not for his son :) Our compromise is that I will only use them at home and that is OK with me. They sure make diaper changes easier and would look so sweet for a little girl under a dress.
Here is a picture of Jonah in one of his pair.








4 comments:
Ooooo, teach me, wise one! Seriously. Teach me. I'll be buying the socks this weekend, and I'll come over one day next week.
:)
what a brilliant idea! and tell mike they do NOT look girly. tip, maybe you should try to find some non-bright colors....like camo! HA!
AWWW!! I think they look so adorable on Mr. Smiles!! That smile stole my heart when you came to visit!!! And watching Caleb and Brian talk and play like Big boys was so cute! We miss you guys already!!
OK, I can't find any knee-high socks that aren't just as expensive as buying pants! Where did you go?
I also wanted to show you this post: http://www.thethriftymama.com/2008/11/re-purposed-old-clothes-for-pants-or.html
She used sweater sleeves to make baby pants! So cute!
I can't get my new (cheap Ebay) sewing machine to work, but I think it's operator error....
Post a Comment