Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fun with Caleb

Well, our afternoon did not start out as fun as I had hoped. The inevitable happened, Caleb got his first note home from school for talking too much in class :( I'm sure Mrs. Bass saw it coming from her little "Talking Mountains". So, Caleb's first project (after his punishment) was to write a letter of apology to Mrs. Bass. Of course he struggled with it and needed help but I thought he did pretty well.
Next, we moved on to a fun craft. Caleb and I made cinnamon Christmas ornaments. We had a great time making the dough. Caleb's favorite part was rolling it out and using cookie cutters. They will have to dry for a few days before we can decorate them.


If anyone is interested in the recipe here it is:

1 cup ground cinnamon (I got mine at the dollar store)
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 T of white school glue
3/4 cup of applesauce

I mixed all together in my KitchenAide

A few tips:
* In my 1st batch I needed to add some water to bring the dough together
* Use more cinnamon to roll out the dough
* Use a straw to make a hole at the top for ribbon
* Flip over every now and then to help them dry faster

We had a great time and the house smells amazing!!


1 comment:

Beverly said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!