Monday, December 1, 2008

Menu Planning Monday


Wow, am I uninspired today!! It was hard comming up with what I am going to cook for dinner this week. It doesn't help that there was not a Grocery Game List up this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday and I can't seem to even find an ad for Kroger??

I feel that I did pretty well with last weeks plan. The only meal that I didn't make was the Bruschetta Chicken. I am proud of the fact that we only ate out once and it was only subway- so not a budget buster :)

I was a complete failure with all of the freeze ahead plans that I had. I bought my sweet potatoes for $0.44/lb and baked them on Tuesday right before I started not feeling well. Mike had to come home and take care of the boys and the potatoes went in the garbage the next morning - BooHoo! I also missed out on Turkey for $0.39/lb!!

So this week....

Monday- (I have a ladies ornament swap with my Lifegroup) Helpy Selfy :)~

Tuesday- Taco Crescent Roll Bake with Broccoli

*I have over 5lbs of ground beef that I am going to brown with onions, celery and carrots and freeze in meal size portions- I will use one portion for this dinner*

Wednesday- (Work 7-11) Breakfast for Dinner

Thursday- Poppy seed chicken with Ranch Style Coleslaw with Bacon

*I have a package of Split Chicken Breasts that I am going to cook in the crockpot and then shred. I will use some for this meal and freeze the rest*

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- (Work in the AM) Soup and Sandwiches

Sunday- (Work in the AM) Eat out after Evening Church Service

Sorry it is such a slacker week.

I have a ton of pictures to post. They are all on our new digital camera (early Christmas present) and the software is not loaded yet. I will get them on here as soon as I can-check back soon. Have a great week.

No comments: