Eating: Jonah has been doing great with solid food this month. I have started to make my own baby food and so far that is going over fairly well. He is sitting down to three meals a day. For breakfast he has a fruit, oatmeal and yogurt. Lunch and dinner are veggies and rice. His favorites are bananas, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and yogurt. His least favorites are the green veggies and I have to trick him into eating them :) We have just introduced meat and so far he doesn't want any part of it, LOL. He continues to refuse the bottle and any formula, but we are making progress with water in a sippy cup during meals. He is nursing at least 5 times a day.
Sleeping: Not much progress on this front. The past month has brought another ear infection and tooth after tooth and I just can't break him of nighttime waking. He goes to bed wide awake at around 7pm without a fuss. He wakes at 11pm and again around 5am. He continues to take at least 2 good naps during the day.
Playing/Milestones:
- Jonah is babbling like crazy. We love to listen to him "talk". He goes on and on, "dadda, babba, laalala, etc.". The only recognizable word is still "dada". Mike even thinks he signed "daddy" this morning- how unfair is this!! (I have started to teach him a few basic signs like I did with Caleb)
- The other big milestone is that Jonah started to clap a week ago! I have tried to get it on video but as soon as I get out the camera he stops and just starts smiling at the camera, the big ham.
- He now has 5 teeth (two on bottom and three on top) with one on the way :)
- The last new thing that I am starting to notice is separation anxiety. He cries whenever I put him down and try and leave the room. Mike thinks that it is manipulation because he does fine on Sunday morning at church as long as he his being held but I know we are coming to that age- oh fun!!








1 comment:
Cute, cute, CUTE! Gotta get down there and see him soon. Glad the baby food is going well!
Post a Comment